A golden ticket for nosey parkers - Dulwich Artists Open Houses 2018!
22 April 2018
Every May for two weekends all around Dulwich in South London, hundreds of family homes open their doors and welcome total strangers inside to snoop around. The houses are owned by artists and art lovers and they curate shows of eye-popping variety and scope. It’s a brilliant reminder of how much creativity there is everywhere. I am an interloper as I live in nearby Brixton but I never miss it – this year I’m showing my work (some new paintings amongst other things!) appearing in two venues with separate groups of artists – put the dates in your diaries and join us!
#openhouses #artistsopenhouses #art
12/13 May – Sarah Hamiltons House - 49 Peckarmans wood SE26
Sarah Hamilton lives in a beautiful modernist home set high on the hill overlooking London. You will find me, Sarah, Pauline Amphlett & Gabriela Szulman showing our wares! ALSO there is a popup tea shop on the village greeny area outside. serving delicious tea and cakes. Sarah will be signing her House of Cards book!
12/13 & 19/20 (i'm only there in person on the second weekend!) May – Michelle House’s home – 75 Roxburgh road SE27
The second week of the Dulwich festival I'm at this beautiful 1930s family home owned by Michelle House. Her work is on the cover of the artists open houses booklet! Her prints and textiles are colouful, bold and bright. Also here is Mandie Beuzeval who is a furniture designer/maker.
And here's some things I'd be looking at if I had a couple of hours to go round:
1. Gill Day drawings : Unit 3 Push Studios SE22, both weekends
2. Hosted by Julia & Robert McKenzie, featuring Leonieke Kormelink who I love on instagram: 77 Roxburgh Rd SE27, both weekends
3. Michael Ruh Glass: exquisite work by a nice person, 6 Parade Mews SE27, first weekend only
4. Caveliero Finn: Debra and Juliana have a great eye & their curated event is always beautiful, 268 Croxted Rd SE24
5. Fabio Almeida: Paintings & collage swoon. 1 Grassmount SE23 both weekends.
6. Hosted by Rosa & Clara Designs: A large grouping of talented people here, including Rosa & Clara homewares (obviously), Oxx Jewellery - super elegant, Hokolo vibrant 70's inspired homewares, and Sandy Dooley Fine Art and prints 151a Friern Road SE22, both weekends
7. Lucy de Sautoy: for no other reason than I once went with my son to this very fancy house in Herne Hill when he was a small boy, and he still talks about her pressing a button and a light turning on in the floor......Then a circle of glass moved open with a soft hiss and the owner clip-clopped down to the wine cellar in the middle of her enormous kitchen and retrieved another bottle of crisp white to drink with her friends. We can't remember what the work was like at all but it's worth visiting just to see her go into the wine cellar. 9 Stradella Rd SE24, first weekend only.
Find more info here, including maps and addresses: http://dulwichfestival.co.uk/artists-open-house/